Sunday, February 7, 2016

Midterm Drawings - Interactive Burglar Video


For my midterm I created a small, visual storyboard for an upcoming project I will be filming in the next couple of weeks.  Since I want to create more detailed storyboards for my films rather than just draw simple stick figures, I thought it would be appropriate to make my midterm work that of a more in depth storyboard.

I didn't use any color for this because I didn't think it was as necessary as it was to create a sense of space and depth in the frames and types of shots I want to get when actual production happens.  I also drew the characters in a different art style then what I've done in the class before.  I experimented with shading and line intensity in order to isolate characters and objects that are closer to the "camera" and objects and walls that are in the background.  Also, unlike previous projects, I actually drew these on a piece of paper rather than in Photoshop.  I brought them in photoshop afterwards and made adjustments regarding the contrast of the drawings.

 I spent about 20-25 minutes on each frame, and went for a simplistic style with the characters and often humored myself with the poses and faces.  I hope to continue to storyboard more shots as pre production wraps up in the next couple weeks.




No comments:

Post a Comment